Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Buried in the sewing room......

Actually, I had to dig myself out of a mess in the sewing room so that I could work on a project that has a deadline.

First thing I got around to was putting up the shelf (a Pinterest idea) over my window where I wanted to put my antique toy sewing machines.




















I took those off the top of my cabinet where I really couldn't see them that well anyways.  Now on top of the cabinet are the boxes and basket of yarn that I have been collecting over the last couple of years that WAS sitting on the floor taking up valuable floor space.


The pile of fabrics that were on my sewing table and on the floor for the Bonnie Hunter quilt that I have been working on are now in bags or stashed away for the time being and I actually have space to work on sewing table.


Wow!  It's been awhile.

Now I am buried  in there working on the project that I thought I had lots of time to get around to;  but the day after I bought the fabric for the pattern, I got the baby shower invitation.  I have to admit that it put me in panic mode  as the shower was only three weeks away.  How is it when you aren't the one pregnant, time flies?  I am sure the mom-to-be thinks time is dragging.

Here's the stash of fabrics I bought for the baby quilt.  They aren't going to find out the sex of the baby and are doing the room in grays and beiges with a wall of birch tree decals.


I am doing the Fancy Forest quilt in a baby size and trying to keep within her color choices, although I did have to introduce some color for the flowers and had to add a couple of red fox.


There is another red fox already.

A couple of bunnies.


…..and I must say that these bunnies did NOT reproduce as quickly as they do in nature.  I was having a heck of a time.  There are so many pieces to each of these animals.


I think these were the pieces for the owl......and I had to make two.

Here's my snow owl.


Then there's  Hazel the Hedgehog.


She has a sister, too.

There's one firefly done, but you can't see the burgundy in him so well in this picture.


There's one more firefly to make.

The flowers are where I added some real color to this quilt, but apparently I didn't take a photo of them individually.

Here's what I have so far  minus the firefly.


I'll get better pictures in the daylight once I get the last block made, get what sashing needs to be applied and sew this top together.  

I have found a birch tree fabric that will make a great backing.  Then I have to get this thing quilted and  bound before the shower which is now only two weeks away.  

I think I will make it.  I will keep you posted.  

3 comments:

  1. That has to be one of the cutest and most adorable quilts ever!! Your choice of fabrics and color palette have really nailed it. And birch tree fabric for the backing? How perfect - you will accomplish your goal - no problem. (Oh and when you done, can you come over and straighten my own sewing room...love your cupboard)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is going to be lovely. Thats a lot of piecing for a small project! Can't wait to see the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Anonymous) Sharon: The shelf was a great way to sisplay your machines!
    I hope I get to see the quilt before it is gifted!!!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...