Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Things have been taking place.......

It's been quiet on the blog, but that doesn't mean I have been sitting around with my feet up......well, I have.....but in between I have been busy getting that baby quilt ready for the shower which is tomorrow!  In fact, I had it ready a good two weeks prior to the shower other than the label


If you recall, the only information I received from the mom was that the baby's room was going to be gray and beige; one wall was going to have birch tree decals and the theme was woodland animals.

I quilted this one with the pantograph called Knotty Pines.

I found a digitally printed birch trees fabric from Hawthorne Supple Co. in taupe.



I am hoping I really hit the mark on this quilt.  

I finally got around to sewing the pom pom onto the latest hat that I knitted.  This hat has mohair in it and is so soft and warm.



Very sporadically, I have been working on the sweater that I had hoped to get done before the weather turned warm.  Not sure I am going to make it as I haven't gotten the chance to work on it diligently, but here is where I am on Ferns and Feathers.



When I cleared off my sewing table to work on the baby quilt, I came across some fabric that I had pulled for a charity pillowcase. When I finished the quilt top, I threw this one together to be donated at guild tomorrow.



There's, also, been a lot of cutting of fabric for the Bonnie Hunter's "Hunter's star" quilt.  I am trying to get that all ready to go for an upcoming retreat.  I don't know what possessed me to attempt one of her quilts other than I really wanted to make a dent in the stash and I felt that the greens were taking over my sewing room and there were plenty of neutrals to go along with them, too.  That's my excuse anyways.

So there are tons of HST's made (just need to be pressed and trimmed; 240 green rectangles cut; 480 squares cut; a pile of neutral strings  (the green strings are already sewn together).  ….and this makes me shake my head when I start thinking of the "hundreds" of pieces that will make up this quilt.



3 comments:

  1. Your foxy quilt looks really good and I like your knitting. I have often looked at Bonnie’s quilts but never made one. I look forward to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That has to be the most adorable baby quilt ever...you definitely “hit the mark”! Wonderful design, fabric colors and such a fun choice for the quilting. Mom and Baby will be delighted!! Love your yarn colors for the sweater - anything in the warm earth tones such as beiges, taupes, etc. always is a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy that the Woodland quilt turned out so well. It's absolutely beautiful!
    (Anonymous)Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...