Thursday, October 25, 2018

Prepping for retreat?

Well, that's what I should be doing, but instead I got a customer/friend's  quilt put on to the Millie and quilted it.  She will be going to the same retreat and this will be her show-n-tell.  

I don't know the name of the pattern, but I always love doing her quilts as her designs and color choices are so great.

Here's a close up of "time warp", the panto that I used on her quilt.


Here's a look at the quilt just prior to my taking it off the machine.  I just love this texture.  


Lovely orange and gray quilt.


This is the perfect backing for this quilt....a gray gingham check.  


I used #506, silvery gray So Fine thread for the top and bottom of this quilt.  

Anyways, I just love the texture this panto creates so  I thought, I need to do this on one of my own quilts.  There's always a pile of my own sitting around waiting to be done.  

So...I pulled "Kira" out of that pile.




  This is a GEDesigns pattern.  I used the ZenChic line of fabric with the thought  of going with the gold colored fabric as my main fabric.  Well...I hated it.  Maybe "hate" is a bit strong, but the quilt didn't turn out like I envisioned.  It didn't sparkle,  so I added an aqua mini border and then the almost white outer border to brighten/lighten up the whole quilt.  I think it worked.  It's not so awful for me anymore.  

Did the "time warp" on this one and I think it turned out pretty good.  


This is the backing I used for this quilt.  


It was earmarked for another quilt, but wasn't my favorite backing.  Since I wasn't sure I was going to like the quilt, I decided to go with this one.  Sounds like I didn't have a lot of faith in this quilt, right?    Anyways, the backing I DID have picked out for this quilt originally....I love; and will use it on the back of a quilt that I have been working on for awhile....one that I think will be one of my favorite quilts.  We'll see how it goes.  

So...I think this quilt turned out pretty well.  I do love the pattern.

I know....this is probably too much information, but I am sure we all go through a "process of do's and don't's when it comes to making quilts....some we like and some we don't.  

Guess I had better get busy with prepping for retreat now or I won't have anything to work on.


3 comments:

  1. Love the movement the quilting design gives...beautifully done! Have a wonderful retreat - ours begins next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that wavy quilting! have fun on retreat

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wavy lines blend everything together so well on this quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...