Wednesday, June 13, 2018

What have I been doing?

I guess I have just been doing a little bit of this and a little bit of  that lately since I really haven't gotten any totally finished items to share yet.....well, almost.



I started this "Doo Wop" shawl back in April  with Shibui yarn and then had some ripping out to do, so set it aside because at the time it seemed so daunting.  

Well,  I finished it yesterday and tonight I got all the loose threads woven in and it is now drying on the blocking boards.


I'll model it when it is dry...hopefully tomorrow.

I have been working on my "plus" blocks here and there.  All the large ones are done and I reported on those earlier. (6")

Of the 99 small (3") ones that are needed, this is what I have done so far.


To help speed up the sewing process from here on out, I have cut out all the colored pluses for the rest of the small blocks. (All backgrounds were cut out way back when).


Then....since I, also,  need some hand work while watching TV at night, I balled up my next knitting project.


 

This is for a shawl/cowl project.  It's for those people who don't know how to wrap a shawl easily....so it is a shawl made to look somewhat like a cowl.  It looks pretty intricate, so I will be showing you my progress on that a little later.

So, as you can tell, I haven't been totally idle.  

The weather is wonderful now; the grands are finished with school (there was confirmation and graduation from 8th grade to attend) and lots of other activities going on which makes for less time to just sit and sew or knit; but that's ok.  Any progress forward is a good thing.


1 comment:

  1. You are so right! Any progress forward is to be savored. Good to catch up with your latest knitting...lovely shade of blue. The only attempted progress for me this week is trying to keep up with the gardens...

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...