Thursday, June 28, 2018

Not going to bombard you.......

There is quite a pile of quilts of all sizes sitting next to the long arm, so I have put my knitting needles away for the time being; otherwise, I get kind of obsessed with knitting.

I am on a roll with getting these quilted, but I will show you only a couple at a time.

First I had this charity quilt that was made up of  leftover strips from three different quilts AND the the backing is from the stash.


I am trying to make a dent in the stash.

Anyways, I wanted to use this new-to-me panto on a customer quilt so I thought I would try it out on this charity quilt first.  It is called "Denise's Rosebuds".  I really like how it turned out. 



Here's the back.  This has been in the stash for a very long time.  Glad to get it used up.  If I recall, I have it in blue, too.  It worked well with the alphabet blocks on the front. 


Then it was on to the customer quilt.

I don't know the name of the block, but I love it.  



Making a blue quilt is on my "to-do list"; and this quilt makes me want to get to mine even sooner.  

I think the panto works really well with this quilt what with the occasional flower blocks; and the soft  lines of the rosebuds compliment the straight lines of the blocks.



Here's the complete top.


Don't you just love this backing?

 

This customer has great taste in fabrics and her backs are always interesting, too.  

Ok....I'll have more quilts to share in the next couple of days as I am really on a roll around here. So, stay tuned.  



1 comment:

  1. Oh my - the blue and white quilt looks like a china pattern - very lovely! And the panto quilting design fits so well...
    Perfect alphabet letters backing for your first quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...