Sunday, June 24, 2018

From this.....to that.....

It's been pretty productive around here lately.

From this....



To a completed Doo Wop shawl.




Then from this......


To a completed "The Shift" cowl.


I can now do  "slip stitches" in my sleep.


Then there was some sewing I wanted to do, but before I could get to that, I had to clear off my sewing table of all these pieces that were cut out for the "small pluses".


So I ran these through the machine and attached at least one background to each piece and ended up with this pile.


They're not done, but at least a little bit more under control and one more step closer to being done.

Now from my stash I found some  really old themed fabrics and decided to turn them into pillowcases.


Also, from stash and after shopping for some solids to complete the front and back, I have thrown together another charity quilt.


Excuse the one block that is missing.  I am waiting for a kelly green 3" square for the center of the block. Each center corresponds with colors on the focus fabric.

Here's a close up.


This quilt will have a red binding.  

On the back, I used a panel of an airplane's instrument panel.  So this will be a two-sided quilt AND my stash is a  little lighter, too.  


I bribed my 4-year-old grandson to go to the quilt store with me  and told him we would look for kid's fabrics.  Well, he fell in love with this glow-in-the-dark Halloween fabric.  I owed him a Halloween pillowcase, so I made this for him.   He's pretty excited about it.


My final project for the week is the knitting project bag that I have had cut out and prepped for some time.  I procrastinated because of the zipper and wanting to line this bag.  I watched YouTube videos a few times before finally jumping in. 

Here's the front.



Here's the back.


....and here's the lining (which was from the stash). 


The only thing I am a little disappointed about ( and it is all because I procrastinated too long and forgot about it) was that I think it could have used a wrist strap.  But I like it and it will work for my projects.  I purchased the sheep panel at Hawthorne Threads and the bow ties were an added bonus along with another small print  on the outside of the panel.  

Well, that's it for me for now.  I need to get to the long arm as there are plenty of quilts piling up there.  

I am feeling good about my progress though.  Stash is getting used up (a little) and projects are getting made.  What more can one ask for except maybe a few more hours a day? 





2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of progress! Those are really pretty knits. Have to giggle at the grandson's fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I had extra hours to send you...I think all of us use up our allotment very quickly each day! Love the rainbow colors in your shawl...and what a heavenly shade of blue in the first one. How you get all that knitting done and at the same time quilting fabric is getting turned into completed projects - it is a wonder!! That glow in the dark halloween fabric for your Grandson’s pillowcase is a hoot - he will have so much fun with that!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...