Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Still moving forward......

Little by little things are getting accomplished.

The binding on my Strip Ribbons is done.


It makes me so happy that this quilt is made up almost 100% with stash.  I did have to order some French General for the background of each block, but that's ok.  I have emptied ....finally.....a bin that was ALL French General.  What little was left got incorporated into the regular stash.  That in itself was a good feeling.

Within the next day or two, the Good'n'Plenty quilt will be done, too.  The binding is made and ready to be machine stitched onto the quilt.  

It's all forward movement though and that's what counts.

To treat myself, I made up a pie from some rhubarb that a friend of mine gave me.  On getting it all cleaned up and cut up into chunks, I realized I have enough to make five pies if I so chose.  Fortunately for me, there were a couple of store-bought pie crusts in the freezer, so I threw a rhubarb custard pie together this evening.  

I couldn't even wait for it to cool off.


It was soooooo good.  Now to keep myself away from the rest of it because I feel like I want to keep picking away at it.  

Maybe I should just get busy and stitch that other binding down so my mind isn't on pie!


Well, stay tuned.  I have that quilt to finish and then I have to find something to take for a sew-in day with my guild for this weekend.  I can't believe I am starting to have to search for something to sew.  I know there are things in there to work on.  There just isn't anything that I can start easily without a lot of prep.  Yup....I'd better get busy.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on using up your French General. Whew! You know if you cut the pieces of that pie really thin they don't have any calories, right? lol Have fun at sew-in day!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...