Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Goals and deadlines.....

Nothing like having a goal (deadline) to get you moving on  projects.  Of course, these goals/deadlines are self-imposed!)

I had taken on a charity quilt from my night-time guild and realized the day before the meeting that I hadn't quilted it yet.  Got it done and bound with a couple of hours to spare. 




That was Monday. 

Tomorrow (Thursday) is my day-time guild and I was hoping to get at least two quilts quilted so that I could take them for show-n-tell.  One of those quilt was one I was working on at our recent retreat.  

I had gotten almost all of the blocks made at retreat, but that was it.  The whole quilt had been cut out previous to the retreat and maybe I would have gotten more of it done, but I mis-cut a couple blocks.

This is where I was at retreat.


Got home and remedied the problem blocks and put this thing together and today I got it on and off the long arm.

I used a panto called Azalea on this one.  It kind of went with the floral French General fabrics that I used.  


This quilt came together with the thought of trying to use up the rest of my French General fabric (which I did a pretty good job of).  So, it is very scrappy.


The backing was made up of 3-4 large pieces of pink French General and I have pretty much used all that up, too.  


I was finally able to incorporate my left over fabrics into the regular stash and empty one large Rubbermaid container.

The second quilt that I wanted to get made and quilted was a candy/candy bar challenge.  The challenge was several years ago.  I bought the fabric, but never got around to making the quilt until recently.  

Can you guess the candy?


This is my Good'n'Plenty quilt.  


I quilted it using the "Bubbles" panto.  


I used a fuchsia minky backing which really shows up the quilting.  You can see the color better in the previous picture.  I don't know why the lower picture looks orange-y; but believe me.....this is fuchsia pink!


I think this quilt would be a great teenage girl quilt.

Anyways, I just need to put bindings on these two quilts, but at least they are ready for me to take to guild tomorrow  for show-n-tell.  

Now.....there are 2-3 more quilts on the "to-be-quilted" pile, but no real  deadlines other than I  am on a roll right now.  So we will see.  I am just glad to have done what I have.

I'll probably be putting bindings on in the next day or two anyways.

So....happy quilting everyone.  It feels so good to get things finished.  







2 comments:

  1. You did very nice quilting on the chairty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Applause, applause!! You are definitely on a roll...don’t you just love French General fabrics...you sure put them to good use. This time of year it is hard to know where to be...with all the luscious fabrics or outside...(and I have been in the rv all day getting it ready for this season) Happy stitching and take time to enjoy Spring!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...