Sunday, May 6, 2018

Productivity all over the board......

Since returning from my quilting retreat where I made a good dent in my sewing quilt tops, I have been productive.  

The miscellaneous hst quilt top got finished, but I now have it matched up with a backing and it is on the "to-be-quilted" pile

 

My Kira  quilt top got its final border on AND it is matched up with a backing and it is in the "to-be-quilted" pile.


The blocks for the Strip Ribbons quilt got finished since returning home AND the quilt top is completely made with all the sashings added.......with a bit of a design variance (ok....I made a mistake putting it together, but didn't notice it until it was all done).......SO, I am calling it a design decision.  Without having the pattern right next to the finished quilt top, no one will know the difference.  In fact......someone might just want to use  my design (or so I am telling myself).
Anyways, I have pieced all my pink French General pieces for the backing and now
 that quilt is on the "to-be-quilted" pile. 


Once these three quilts are off the long arm, then I will share the finished tops.  I didn't have anyone to hold them up at the time of getting the tops done.

Then the other day, I ran over to my lys (local yarn shop) that is going out of the brick and mortar business.  She is going to embark on a mobile quilt shop selling her wares out of a trailer.  It's the newest thing.  I saw a motor home transformed into a mobile quilt shop when I was in Pittsburgh and it was so neat.  Anyways, I digress.  I went the first day of her going out of business sale and picked up a couple of skeins of yarn with the thought of making a man's knit cap for my husband for Christmas and, also, bought a raccoon pompom.



Now as far as the yarn goes, I have plenty of time for a Christmas present, but you know...that pompom was speaking to me.  I had bought the perfect yarn in Pittsburgh for a hat and this pompom was going to be perfect for the top of it.  So, I started the hat on Wednesday night and finished it by Thursday night.


That makes me happy because now I have used one more skein of yarn from Pittsburgh.  Ten more to go.

Well, since that was so easy, I thought I would get the pompom on a hat I made a year or two ago.  I mean for what you pay for these pompoms, you'd better use them.


Now I am really feeling good.....or maybe I am feeling guilty, because I pulled a toddler hat I made eons ago and finally put the buttons on it.  I haven't needed this hat since I kept getting grandsons, but now it is done, too. 


Then to top it all off tonight, I finally looked at the calendar and realized tomorrow is guild and I had picked up a charity quilt to quilt for them.  I hadn't even looked at it for a month.  I thought I had better get busy.





Fabric was donated to the guild; my friend, Nancy, pieced the quilt and I have quilted it.  I still have a red and white stripe binding to attach and it WILL be ready to return tomorrow night.

Anyways....as you can see, I have been busy with a little of this and a little of that.  

Now, if I could only stick with one thing, maybe things would get done in a more timely manner.........but then where's the fun in that?!!!  Right?



3 comments:

  1. Thinking you are getting a lot done! We are just pulled in too many directions when it comes to needle arts...those pompoms are really cute - a perfect finish to the knitted caps (my word, you are fast!!) And that charity quilt looks really great - such happy fabrics and quilting design...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one busy lady, aren't you?
    (Anonymous) Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Where do I start? I guess I'll just say that it's ALL wonderful! You are so talented. That little watermelon cap is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...