Saturday, April 28, 2018

My Guild's Quilt Show.....

It's come and gone  just like that after all the planning.  I will say that I think this was one of our best.  We had a good 225 quilts to display and numerous vendors to shop.  

Today I worked the admissions table after running through the show and when all was said and done, I was one to help during take down to fold and ready the quilts for the owners to pick it up.  

Here is just a smattering of the quilts that I got pictures of.


Loved the blue quilting on this one. 


.

These chickens made me smile.  It got a 2nd place viewer's choice ribbon.  This is the only ribbon I saw before the quilts were taken down, but I think this one was well deserved. 





Garden Chevrons is mine.


Gathering Baskets is mine.


I love giraffes.




Couldn't pass on the llamas.







Swoon is mine (French General fabrics)



Sunshine checkerboard is mine, too. 


I didn't take home any ribbons this time around, but that's ok.  It's such a joy to see your quilts hung in a show since not too often do you see your quilts from this perspective, plus it is always fun to share.  

Well, it's over for the next two years.  I wonder what I will produce that will be quilt show worthy during that time.  We will see.  

Hope you enjoyed this small taste of our show.  I should have taken more pictures, but I was so caught up in all the beauty, I was forgetting to take pictures.  Oh well.



5 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a great show

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this! There are some really unique quilts with the giraffes and llamas...and some very lovely traditional quilts as well. I agree - seeing your own work on display is always special. Our guild did a show every 2 years from the ‘80’s up to 2016 and now have switched to a “Quilt College” format.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four quilts in the show...good for you! There sure are some pretty quilts there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly have a lot of talent in your guild! I'm glad you got to display your quilts. They are so beautiful, and I feel like I was a part of it since I watched them come together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing all the wonderful Show quilt pictures!
    Wonderful to see all the beautiful quilts you entered.
    I remember seeing each of these in various stages of assembly.
    It's great to see them all finished and hanging.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...