Thursday, April 26, 2018

Sewing Room with a View......

Just  got back from a quilt retreat with my day time quilt guild. 
Here's the view of Lake Huron that I had while I was sewing away.....


and if you can see it, we watched freighters floating by all day.


Here's a view of the retreat center from the beach (yes, it was nice enough one day to actually walk on the beach).


Inside everyone was feverishly sewing away Monday through Thursday; and because I was sewing like a fiend, I didn't take very many pictures of what was being worked on, but believe me, some beautiful quilt tops did get finished this week.  

Nancy was working away on her gorgeous orange and gray quilt.


She, also, got a couple adorable charity quilts done, but I didn't get pix of those.

Sharon was putting her all in this beauty primarily made from re-purposed shirts.


This quilt will be surrounded by star blocks that Sharon was making, too, with shirt fabrics.  

Me?

Well, I had my projects kitted up for the last month or so.  

This one was the pile of loose half square triangles that I decided to sew together and make something.


It's ready to be quilted.

Then there was my "Kira" in Zen Chic fabrics.


I shorted myself the turquoise linen because I sewed the pieces diagonally.  I was about 5" short.  Now that I am home, I will see if I have some more of that fabric.....piece it .....and then finish this quilt top.  It will be ready for quilting, too.

In between quilt tops, I worked on some of my "plus" blocks.  Off hand, I think they are 3" and 6".



My third big kitted project that I thought I might get done was my "Strip Ribbons" made out of some scrap French General fabric, but I mis-cut a couple of pieces, so quit while I was ahead.  I will re-cut those couple of pieces and finish this top.


Not sure I even have these blocks laid out right, but I just wanted to see them all together.  Can't wait to get this one done, too.  

The plan is to get these finished and on to the long arm.  

I really felt productive.  

Good to be home; and now I am ready to get some of these projects totally finished.


4 comments:

  1. You did well! The Kira quilt top is really neat with the fabrics you chose and I keep seeing movement with different design elements - circular and then the inner more square blocks...What a fabulous looking site for the retreat. I would have been so tempted to walk the beach and put rocks in my coat pocket. I don’t typically buy things while traveling - just collect rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You WERE productive! It pays to plan ahead. It looks like you had a most excellent retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Anonymous) Sharon : When I see the photo of the little plus blocks I get so excited For You...because I just know that you are going to LOVE that quilt when it is finished. (Or perhaps I'm projecting my own excitement about that project?) Either way...it's going to be a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! It looks like the perfect location for a retreat. You accomplished a lot. The "Strip Ribbons" is a great design.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...