Monday, March 12, 2018

Odds and Ends

 The other day I had found around 179 pairs of half square triangles  in my French General bin, so I sewed them together.  This is the layout that I am going to sew this little top together in.  Each block is 2" finished.  I will be taking this along when I go to retreat next month.  I may attach borders, but I will see when the time comes.


Also, between sewing and long arming....I have been knitting. 

I finished this pair of wool socks.  


The yarn is by Vesper and is called Bespeckled Sock yarn.  The color is called Dark Magenta, but they are really a pretty silver gray with the magenta running through it.  Again, there is snow in the forecast, so I think I will still have time to wear wool socks for a little while. 

At this point, I only have one more skein of sock yarn (brown), but I think I need to take a break from making socks (if I can keep myself from doing them).  I have a sweater that needs finishing and it would be nice to be able to wear it while it is still cold. 

I did run to the yarn shop the other day though and picked up yarn for another shawl.  


It's called Doo Wop and the yarns I chose are really yummy.  They are from Shibui.  My sister-in-law, Maria, and I are going to work on this shawl pattern together, so I imagine it will be when we go to a yarn festival in Pittsburgh that is coming up.  

Here are my colors.  


I can't wait to start on this shawl.

For now though, I have other things that need to be finished, but isn't that the way things go?  Too many projects started .....UFOs!  The one thing I don't want at this point is to start a yarn "stash" because I know what my fabric "stash" looks like.

Can you relate?

2 comments:

  1. Well, I DID start a new project. I'm knitting the socks from the same pattern as you, thanks to my Christmas gift certificate! A man at "The Home" watched me knit today. He said it reminded him of his childhood, watching his mother knit socks. He seemed to enjoy those minutes today quite a bit! Keep up the good work!!!! (Anonymous) Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mini French General is too cute! Love the shawl pattern. It will look good in those coors.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...