Thursday, February 15, 2018

Really.....I only needed needles!

There's a skein of yarn waiting in the wings to be made into a pair of socks, but I needed a set of needles that I didn't have, so decided to run to the yarn shop (they were having a sale) to pick up one set.  The store is called Labor of Love in Romeo, MI.  Well, just in case my gauge isn't right, I picked up the next size up.


But, you know how it is....you can't go into a yarn shop or a fabric shop and not look...right?

In the back of my head I have been telling myself that I thought I might want to make a bunch of socks for myself.  Well, I am in the shop...I should pick something up.....right?

Tell me I am right!  Okay?

I couldn't' pass up this luscious 80% merino and 20% nylon that was hand dyed goodness.  It's by Knitterly Things called Vesper Bespeckled Sock Yarn.  The color is called dark magenta speckle.


But then there was this self-striping,  dark gray yarn with pink, red and burgundy running through it.  These should make up really cute.  It's by Lang Yarns and the color is actually called JAWOLL


Well, shoot!  I am on a roll now.

I have a gift certificate that needs to be used up for another yarn shop in another town.  I might as well go there, too.  Skeins on Main in Rochester, MI.  

That's where I found this beautiful yarn from River's Edge Fiber Arts.  The color is called Rocky Mountain.  


Oh, what have I done?  I still have that one skein in my stash that needs knitting up and now I have three more.  That means 8 socks need to be made.  I guess I had better get busy.  Sure hope these make up fast.  




3 comments:

  1. I KNEW I should have asked you if you wanted company on this little trip "for knitting needles".
    And...I want to make socks! Maybe you can tutor me? We can chat about it....
    (Anonymous) Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful yarns. And yes, you are absolutely right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving that Rocky Mountain! What a beautiful range of colors in the skein. Reminds me of all our trips through Banff and into Alaska. Yep, yarn and fabric...just like potato chips. Happy knitting!!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...