Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Rain, rain, go away.......

We've been having  torrential rains here in MI for a few days; but what makes it worse is that our basement flooded.   That's where my long arm is.  😓


So....long story short, I had several  boxes of clothing that needed washing/drying and sorting. The majority got donated to our church group that collects clothes for infants to kids up to 15 years old.  

Then my rolls of batt that were just  leaning up against the wall got draped  over the pool table, the exercise bike, the treadmill, the piano to dry.  I'll use this yardage for myself or charity quilts because I know they will get washed immediately.

Two new rolls of batt have been ordered for customers  

New sump pump has been ordered and installed.

Fans are going.

What have I been doing in the meantime?  I pulled that skein of yarn out that I bought earlier  this summer and started a new-to-me pattern for knitted socks.  

They're done.


Hubby wants to know what's wrong with the socks. Men!   I guess you just have to deal with the differences when you have hand dyed yarn.

I only have one more project that I bought this summer that needs to be started and completed, but I am feeling good about getting caught up on my knit projects.

As for my sewing  projects, my Kira blocks are made, but I have to get over to Sharon's house to borrow her special ruler so that I can square up my blocks and then get them all sewn together.  


There's, also, a customer's special applique quilt that needs to get on the long arm as soon as the new batt gets here.  That will be the first thing on my agenda.  

We are still keeping on eye on the rain, the  ground water, the thawing  frost in the ground  and sure hoping that the new sump pump keeps on working since it is getting quite the workout.  There won't be anything on the floor now though.  I'm not taking anymore chances at this point.  

So, hopefully, there will be something new to report sometime this coming weekend.  The batt should be here and I will have started to load the quilt on the long arm and getting it prepped for the batt.  I'm itching to get sewing again....in a nice, dry basement.

2 comments:

  1. I hate sump pumps. And basements. And rain in the winter....those three things are a recipe for disaster. The idea of putting a hole in the ground..in a hole in the ground? Who thought that up????
    I know your pain and I'm sorry you're having to deal with that.
    The socks are awesome!
    (Anonymous) Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wet basements are the worst! Sounds like you had lots of places to spread out your batting to dry. Whew! Tell your hubby that you are in style. Teens wear unmatched socks all the time!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...