Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Moving right along.....


Before getting into anything else, I put the binding on the Good'n'Plenty Charity quilt.  It is ready to be donated.  Wish I had a little girl to give this too though because I just love this minky with the Animal Crackers panto on it.

So yesterday, I loaded up my sewing stuff and headed over to Sharon's house for a sew-in for the day with Sharon and Nancy.  I even took my camera to take pictures of all the things we were working on.  Unfortunately, we talked  and sewed so much  that I never took the camera out of my purse.  Oh well....you will have to trust me when I say that a lot of sewing got done.  

I think Nancy got at least three charity quilt tops made.

Sharon worked on a variety of things.....a couple of her miniature pineapple blocks, planning the quilting for a couple of "shirts" quilts that she made, string blocks.....and I just can't remember what else.  Pays to be in your own home.  You can work on anything and all your stuff is there.

I dragged my Zen Chic fabric over there to work on my Kira blocks.  On getting home, I put up what I had on the design wall (in no apparent order yet).


Then today, I finished making the rest of my blocks.  


I have used the gold fabric which I fell in love with as my background.  I am second guessing myself right now that there might be too much gold, but it is what it is.  Hopefully the final layout will be good and I will love this quilt as much as I loved the fabric line when I saw it. 

The blocks are all ready to be trimmed; and then I will lay them out and get them sewn together.

January and February are usually such dreary  months because the  days just drag  out when it is so cold, dark in the morning, dark early at night.  I find the cure is to get busy with my sewing.

There will be some more quilting and sewing coming soon, so stay tuned and happy quilting.  Spring IS on its way.....sooner or later.


1 comment:

  1. The gold is nice and cheerful to be working on in February. I like it. Not too much gold at all.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...