Monday, January 29, 2018

Lessons learned......

If you change your mind in the midst of a project, you will run out of yarn.


See my tail end?

So, I have had to order more and tap, tap, tap....I am waiting for the postman to deliver another skein of yarn so that I can complete this section AND I have ordered another color just in case I don't think the one I have will work.

If you don't buy brick and mortar and just on-line, you will lose your favorite brick and mortar stores.  Example, one of my favorite quilt shops in Berkley, Michigan is closing after 37 years.

I went to the first day of the  sale today and it was such a zoo that I only came away with this.


So, to get my fabric fix, I ran over to another quilt shop that is a lot closer to home and picked up a few more pieces of fabric for a quilt that is probably going to be made in the not-too-distant future.  


There I bought some more background fabrics for this quilt.


Also, picked up some fuchsia minky for the back of my charity quilt.



So, don't forget.....if you want your favorite quilt shops, yarn shops, whatever shops to stay in business, we have to frequent them to keep them open.  

It's a sad day for me just thinking about where I am going to have to go next time I am in need for some fondling of fabrics, comparing of fabrics and just plain browsing and getting inspired.  It's just not the same online (although it is very convenient).....sometimes you just need the experience.



1 comment:

  1. You are so right about frequenting our local businesses. That's the bad thing about stash-busitng, too. I have that neutral on the far left. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...