Sunday, February 4, 2018

Find Your Fade is DONE!

Nearing the end I changed my mind on the colors to "fade" and because of that I ran out of the second to last color (dogwood).  You see here where I ended up using all that I had.

  

Placed my order for another skein along with a possible "last color" since I was thinking the color I had (sorbet) was too dark.


Now...if I could have gone one more color, this one would have been perfect.



But, my order came in and I had to wind them into usable balls.



One more Dogwood and then I bought Shell to be my last color.

Here is Shell being worked up into the "fade".


I'm liking it!

I was sweating it at the very end hoping I wasn't going to run out of yarn.  This is all I had left of my very last color.


The shawl came off the needles on January 31 (the goal I set myself).


Loose ends are woven in; and it needed soaking and blocking.

Here it is being blocked.  Wow!  It's big.


Thank goodness there was no bleeding since I ran out of blocking boards and blocked over onto the carpet.  I wouldn't have done that if there had been bleeding into the water I soaked it in, but you still kind of hold your breath

So this is it.




It's so warm and cozy!












4 comments:

  1. It's very pretty, too, with those open (lacework?) sections. How nice to have it done and ready to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ta Da! It's beautiful. You made that really fast! That's such a cute picture of you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! Colors are so soft and flattering on you. Love your yarn winder! As much knitting as you do, it must be a necessary item to have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! Glad it's done.
    (Anonymous)Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...