Thursday, January 25, 2018

Find Your Fade (phase two.....almost complete)

I have turned the corner.  See it here.


That means I am over halfway through with this shawl.

My next color is a different yarn and a transition color taking me in a  whole new direction.

It is a speckled yarn from Hedgehog Fibres that has some of the blue/green  in it but takes me in the direction of pinks from here on out.  It is 100% wool, also, and the color is  called Teacup.  



Here's a peek at the new yarn worked up into the shawl; and I am spot on with my stitch count right now......woohoo.


Next is the lace section in this color and then a new color melting.  


So glad I made it through the lace section.  This yarn is a bit thinner than the rest and it was giving me a hard time, but I made it!

"Color melting",,,,,,I just love that description.  It sounds so cool, yet that is actually what is happening here.

My next color (#6) is by Quince&Co. and it is called Dogwood.  It's a change from what I had planned originally because as I have knitted my way through this shawl I like the gradual ....fade.  If I had used the next color that was set up for color #6, I think I would have been disappointed because the color change would have been too great.  So, I am using the color (Dogwood) which was meant to be my #7 color. 


Now because of my change of direction, I have caused a dilemma for myself.  I didn't realize I needed two skeins for section #6 and only one skein for section #7.  

Now I am one skein short on section #6 and maybe no skeins for section #7.  I am going to have to re-evaluate whether I want to use this next skein or choose something different.


I may have to put this away for a little while until I decide and that is why I am posting pix of this now.

Wish me luck.



2 comments:

  1. Enjoying watching your progress! Your work just says Spring! You are so fast too - I can only do about 3 rows in the evening (and just a basic stitch at that) and the joints in my hands say enough - time to do some EPPing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really coming along! I like the Teacup yarn. It really is a nice transition fabric. You'll figure out the colors. You have such good taste.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...