Friday, January 19, 2018

Baby Plus quilt.....

 There's a new little baby boy who is going to be born in just a couple of weeks, so grandma Sheila sent me this quilt from California to get it quilted for her.  


It's an adorable "plus" quilt in a dark gray chambray with that one pop of red.  I love it.  

Mom-to-be requested that the only quilting be outlining of the crosses, so this was an easy and quick quilt to get done and get it done in time, too.  



I chalked the outlines and then stitched with a dark gray So Fine thread.

Here's a look at the backing which is the same chambray that is on the front.  


It may be simple quilting but it definitely makes a statement on this cute little quilt.  

I think baby is going to love it because it was definitely made with love.  

So tomorrow, it is on its way back home to California so grandma can get the binding on before the "big" day.  




5 comments:

  1. (Anonymous)Sharon says: That is so cute! I think with the mnimal quilting it should stay nice and soft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faye, I love this and am sure I know who this is for! Congratulations to the entire family. I have thought of them often and wonder if they settled anywhere nearby.

    Also, glad to see you quilting again. You must be feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn. How are you? Yes, I am pretty much recovered from my gallbladder surgery. Still have some twinges, but have been told they will go away.

      You're being very cryptic, so I am not sure who you are talking about, but this quilt went back home to northern California yesterday. I will give them your congrats anyways. Keep in touch.

      Faye

      Delete
    2. Marilyn....you are a "no reply". I would love to chit chat with you. Can you e-mail me?

      Delete
  3. I like the minimal quilting on this plus baby quilt too. It will be much more cushy and soft that way. Didn't know you had surgery. Sorry to hear that.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...