Sunday, September 17, 2017

Little taste of what's happening.....

I was watching QuiltCam with Bonnie Hunter this afternoon and she got me in the mood to get into the sewing room just to complete a little something this evening.

So, I took a couple of these blocks (there are 30 total)


and cut out some sashing and made a cornerstone just so that I could see how they looked put together.


This will give you an idea of how this quilt is going to come together.  I am really excited about it, but set it aside as I needed to get started on a knitting project with these yarns



I did two gauge tests and then ripped them out.  The knitting then commenced, but I ripped it out again.  I hope this isn't a sign.

For now, I am here. 


I was going to rip out the last row that I did, but then screwed that up, so here it sits.  I needed to get this started before this weekend when I will be attending  a  yarn shop hop.  There's some hope that either I can figure out my mistake before the shop hop or while I am attending it.  Then there will be no deadline for either of these projects.  I can work on them at my leisure.

Problem is.....I am excited about both and it will be hard to put either of them down. 

I am sure the knitting project will take longer than the quilt, but we will see.  I hope I have learned my lesson about putting quilts away to work on something else.  They can end up fermenting for years in a cupboard or closet and I really don't want that to happen anymore.  

So....stay tuned.  You know what I am working on.  How about you?



....




2 comments:

  1. So funny, I've got the exact project going on for a gift for my guy. King size blues and whites, 49 patch blocks, all pieces sewn together, ONE by ONE. Yes, it's scrappy, so no strip piecing. Hoping to have it finished by xmas, and thinking it might be a great piece to take to my 2 day get away sew days coming up. I'll have to blog about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I like the nine-patch as cornerstones!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...