Friday, September 29, 2017

I Don't NEED Any Yarn!

Well.....except this one because there was this capelet that I have been wanting to make.  Yarn was purchased at The Warm Fuzzy in Alden, MI. 


It is called the Mountain Capelet


.....but that's all I really wanted/needed.

So, I thought it was ok to go along on a yarn shop hop (what was I thinking?) just for the fun of it.  So my sister-in-law and I took off for the Grand Traverse Yarn Shop Hop.


We each got this nice zippered shopping bag as our passport for the shopping excursion; and we visited eight shops in two days.

Now...I know you quilters can all understand that when you get into a shop, the colors and fabrics (and in this case the yarn) start calling your name.  So out the window went my shopping list.

My first impulse buy was the Find Your Fade shawl pattern and yarn at Wool  and Honey in Cedar, MI.  Gosh....it was so pretty.


Then there was this "just for the heck of it" yarn that I couldn't resist.  This will turn into a pair of socks one of these days.


I, also, bought this pretty shawl pin at the same shop. (this yarn is a better picture of the capelet yarn).


Then I fell in love with this pattern called Rikaart.


It's hard to tell from this picture, but it is a very geometric design.  Wouldn't you know, they had kits made up with some luscious colors of yarn, too.


So I got that!

I bought this at Knitology in Traverse City, MI.

At our last stop, I couldn't resist this lovely aquamarine.  It will be used to make a hat from the pattern sections that were given out at each shop we stopped at.  This was at Knit Knorth in Traverse City, MI.  


Another shawl pin was picked up there, too.  I WAS looking for a silver shawl pin, so I guess you can say that was on my mental list.  


Oh....and to top it all off (as if I didn't have enough yarn already), I won one of the give-aways offered at The Warm Fuzzy.   It is a kit called the Perspective Cowl and you can see it here.  I'll be getting that in a day or two.  

In the meantime, I have completed my capelet (so one project down for now).



 Also,  I have been working on my striped sweater even though I have ripped it out and restarted it a couple of times, but there is some headway.  


I really need to get back to my quilting though.  Now if I can only manage my time as well as I managed dropping several dollars during the shop hop.  

I have to say though that I love everything that I bought and as long as I don't let it stress me out that it is sitting there and not getting done as fast as I would like, life  will be good.  

So....happy knitting, quilting or whatever floats your boat.  










4 comments:

  1. Started reading your post with a smile and ended up grinning and nodding my head - everyone totally understands - besides fall nights and winter are looming - our best times for any needlework. BTW - the yarn I am coveting is that gorgeous gold mix you will turn into socks...the colors just say October. Love those shawl pins too...have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teeheehee. It's always the same, isn't it? Congratulations on completing the first project already.

    Wow, you live on water? How nice is that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Anonymous) Sharon here. You typed "I don't need any yarn!" and I said out loud "NO! You don't". And yet there you are, with more yarn.
    Beautiful choices…I know that you will enjoy them in the next couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun, and what gorgeous yarns! You are going to have some stunning projects. With fall here it will soon be perfect weather for knitting!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...