Thursday, September 7, 2017

Been busy......

 If you have been following my posts lately, you know I have been feverishly working on my Hearts and Hands.  Even though I started this quilt back in 2009 and kept putting it away  on and off, I finally decided I wanted to get this one done.

Well, the final hand stitch was taken on the last of 117 circular blocks.


It was a time for celebration.


I had myself a salted caramel Kahlua and cream cocktail to celebrate the moment that I knew the worst (Phase II) was over.  I have since added my plain borders and pieced the backing for this quilt.  It is officially a UFO.

I am trying to make a decision on thread color and quilting pattern design  and then Phase III will commence.

I don't plan on posting any "full view" pictures of the quilt at this point since I am hoping my quilting will turn out good and then I  will try and get it entered in some local and national quilt shows....some of which don't want these quilts to have been shown on social media. Once I have done that, I will post finished pictures.

To refresh your memories though, this is the pattern for this quilt.


Since I chose such a different color palette, my quilt is going to be named
"Cafe Au Lait". (All the colors of coffee).
.
Well, I thought I would have a day or two reprieve from thinking about quilting after this big job, but my gal pals decided on doing a sew-in yesterday.  So I quickly made a decision to pull another quilt that I had started some time back.  It's a pattern that The Painted Quilter posted on her website and I fell in love with it.  


Here's where I am at.  There will be 30 blocks total with sashing and cornerstones.  I am excited about this one.  I love the colors (daffodil and cream).  Better yet, I got to try out Sharon's AccuQuilt Studio  cutter....what a dream!  I thinking I am dreaming about getting one of those.

On the side, I have been working on fabric pumpkins for some Fall decorations.


I made some of these years ago when my daughter was in Girl Scouts, but these are in much more modern fabrics.  These were fun and easy to make.

Well, the day is nearly done.  I may get myself back into the sewing room and work on a few more checkerboard blocks, but before dinner, I sat outside with DH and my grandson around the fire pit and noticed my roses are really beautiful right now.



They are a lovely pink and peach.  Makes one smile.  

The perfect ending to a perfect day.  

Happy quilting everyone.  






1 comment:

  1. (Anonymous) Sharon..someday I'll be able to post like a normal person, but in the meantime....
    I was thrilled to see Hearts and Hands morph into a completed quilt top! The best is yet to come!
    Glad you had fun with the Studio cutter....you are welcome to use it any time. It is amazing how quickly you can get your fabric cut for a quilt like the one you started Wednesday!
    (gorgeous roses!)

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...