Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Birthdays mark off time.

🎂

Birthdays show you just how fast time is flying by, especially as you get older.  

My 3-year-old grandson tells everyone he is 3 1/2. 

My 8-year-old grandson says he is 10.

Now at my age, if I even admit it, I am certainly NOT going to add on a few months or years to my age; but if one birthday isn't bad enough, now I have the local Hallmark's sending me a card celebrating my "half" birthday.


What?????

No, no, no......I do not need to be reminded how fast time is flying by.

I already know it is going too fast.  

Well, that card got me into the sewing room today to get my butt in gear and get busy on my Hearts and Hands  quilt that has been in the making way too long.  No more procrastinating.  This quilt needs to be done so that I can move on to something new without regrets or guilt.  

I turned this final  pile 


of un-ironed blocks into pressed blocks.


Trimmed off the excess Pellon.


Now ALL remaining blocks are prepped and ready to be glue basted and stitched in place.  That's what I am doing next.  

I truly am seeing the light at the end of this tunnel (at least where a quilt top is concerned).  I certainly don't want time to run out on me where this quilt is concerned, so most likely the next time you hear from me, I will have stitched several more blocks down to the background.   I CANNOT let time be wasted.

Wish me luck.

Oh, by the way.....I am ignoring ALL half-birthdays from here on out.  

🎂🎂🎂


5 comments:

  1. No Way do I intend to celebrate 1/2 birthdays, Faye.
    Absolutely Not!
    Keep up the good work...get that quilt done!
    (Anonymous) Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you...I do not intend to celebrate 1/2 birthdays!
    Keep up the great work on that quilt. Get that done!
    (Anonymous) Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those fussy cut circular blocks are looking fabulous! Have never heard of 1/2 birthday cards...most of our area Hallmark stores have closed - apparently no one buys cards anymore? Our LQS carries great quilty - related cards though which helps. I may have you beat - trying to finish up a 1993 quilt top before my next birthday - yikes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back again! Hope the no reply change works! Thanks again for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who needs half birthdays when we have enough of the annual ones! You are sooooooo close on the Hearts and Hands quilt. That's great!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...