Monday, August 28, 2017

Getting reacquainted

I think my machine has forgotten who I was since it has been over two weeks since I have sat and sewn.  

It's been a very busy time.

So for a quick fix, I made up a beer bottle pillowcase kit that I bought at the AQS Grand Rapids Quilt show.



This will be a Christmas present.

When I say I was busy, I get tired even now when I think of all that has been going on  over the last couple of weeks.

Dream Cruise on Woodward which lasts a week (my DH looks forward to this all year and drives his  red '71 Nova in it.)
AQS Grand Rapids Quilt show (I made it only one day)
Shopping for a new dress for a wedding.
A wedding and reception.
Two baby showers (one that was 3 hours away which made for a very long day)
Babysitting the youngest grandson for a few days while mom is on a business trip and dad is working and going to school
Out to dinner  SEVERAL times with friends and family.
Visited Hitsville USA//Motown museum.  I highly recommend this.
Oldest grandson visiting for a couple of nights and entertaining him with fishing and sushi dinner.
(I am going to have to go on a diet after all this).
Neighborhood party where  everyone with an old car brought them to show and there was food and lots of visiting
Canned peaches
The usual cooking and cleaning
I am sure there was more, but I am brain dead at this point

Anyways, after my quick fix of a pillowcase today, I am getting back on the Hearts and Hands bandwagon and getting the final blocks prepped (hemmed) for applique.  All the ones requiring a running stitch were hand done today, gathered up and pressed.

The remaining star blocks were sewn onto the Pellon.


There are a good 20 here.  


Then trimmed.


Turned and ready to press into submission. 


Once that is done, I will be placing them, glue basting and hand stitching them down.

This is the homestretch for Stage II of Hearts and Hands.

1 comment:

  1. The decor at this place was amazing with great seats and friendly staff. My fiancé and I just got married here and I could wait no longer to post my heartfelt appreciation to the wedding venues staff here for their tremendous effort in making our day the most special day of our lives.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...