Thursday, August 10, 2017

Next stage of Hearts and Hands

All 12 sections of Hearts and Hands are complete.









That's 70 blocks stitched down in place.

Next step is to sew the sections together which will create three horizontal seam lines and two vertical seam lines that will require the last 47 blocks to be stitched in place.  At that point, the center of this quilt will be complete.

But.....my fingers and hands are sore, so I am setting this aside for a few days just to take a break.  I have been working on this quilt  almost to the point of obsession, so I am sure it won't be long before I am back at it.   

At the rate I have been working on this, I am sure it won't be long before this is a top waiting to be quilted (Stage III).


5 comments:

  1. Brava! That is a lot done. Maybe your hands will toughen up while you are resting them.

    I still don't understand the cutting and piecing of the background. Visual interest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great. I love a project I can't put down and I'm always sorry when its finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sections look gorgeous! How exciting to be so close now to finishing this amazing quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are really making progress on this. It's beautiful. I know you will be so happy to have it finished and ready to use!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...