Food for thought.

Memory is a wonderful treasure chest for those who know how to pack it.

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Little stash busting.....

Most of us can relate that we need to do a little stash busting now and again; and what better way to do it but by making some charity quilts.

After working on Hearts and Hands, I needed some mindless piecing.  I needed to make something pretty, but quick.  So, I decided on a baby lone star quilt.  This would probably work well for a NICU quilt.


Anyways, I had a stack of Modern Vintage from Moda that I made a quilt of a couple years back, so I used scrappy grays for the background and the brighter colors for the lone star.

I even had enough for a backing which you can see here hung up next to the Lone Star.


I came across this pattern online  for the lone star quilt when I was looking for something to make up with a layer cake that I had (10" squares).  My layer cake is Strawberries and Lemonade.  From this one layer cake and my stash of whites I got four quilts.

This one was with solid whites.


This one had a swirly white on white.


....and  this one had a scrappy array of whites...dots, swirls and solids.  That about does it for my white stash.


Here's a close up of the fabrics.



With the left over 10" blocks, I just made this one.


Next, I am going to have to do some digging to see if I have backings for the other four and then get them onto the long arm.  

For now, I am feeling pretty good about getting some of my stash busted.



2 comments:

  1. You are doing SO well! Finishing off the Hearts and Hands blocks, stash busting with these cute quilts...you go, girl!

    BTW, I noticed in the close-up that there's a pretty perfect intersection. Really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Anonymous) Sharon says: "Wow! You've been Very Productive! Good for you, Faye!"

    ReplyDelete