Friday, August 5, 2016

Merry and Bright

Yes, I am thinking a little Christmas here but that is only because I finally got this little wall hanging on and off the long arm.  

I had won this little kit from Bunny Hill Designs for commenting on her blog.  You can visit her blog  here.....Merry and Bright

Anyways, the top has been done for some time, but as usual, it got set to the bottom of the pile to get quilted.  Well, I am nearing the bottom of that UFO (to be quilted) pile and in plenty of time before Christmas.  Of course, I can only say that if I get the binding on in time.  The binding is made, so I really have no excuse.  

Anyways, I thought I would show you some close ups of the quilting.  

I was going to do some micro stippling around the bulbs....and I did, but hated it and had to rip out.  That resulted in 10 minutes of sewing and 2 hours of ripping.  So, I decided less is more and then just decided to stitch in the ditch, stitch around the bulbs, made a little snowflake in the cornerstones and did a variation of a feather in the border.  




All this was in the kit.  

I did have to purchase some fabric for the backing and fell in love with these adorable ice skates fabric.


Not sure if you can see the quilting on this, but I used a pink for stitching in the ditch and an ivory for sewing around the bulbs.  The micro stitching I had done was taking away from the adorable fabrics so that is something you should take into consideration when quilting for yourself.  

I have a candy cane stripe fabric for the binding and hope to get that one on within the next few hours; and get a sleeve on this one, too.  

So....I almost made it for Christmas in July.  I'm just a couple days late, but definitely in time for Christmas.  

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...