Sunday, July 3, 2016

Stack and Slash Halloween quilt

For this quilt, my  customer  used some great Halloween fabrics some of which have glow in the dark features.....like eyes, bones, pumpkin faces, etc. 


It is a Stack and Slash (not Stack and Whack) and I felt the spiderweb pattern on each block was the best bet for this quilt.  I did piano keys on the border or maybe I would suggest an eerie organ playing some spooky music instead.  



This was a lot of ruler work and working with black thread on black fabric is enough to make one go cross eyed, but I do love how it turned out.

Just looking at this quilt made me smile.  It's a fun, happy quilt.

So here's a picture of it as I pulled it off the Millie.


It 76 x 86.

Here's a peek at the backing.


I, also, put a little surprise on this one.  You can't have spiderwebs without a spider. 


Hope Maria likes it!




2 comments:

  1. I love Halloween,and Halloween Quilts! Its so cute! Love the spiderwebs. Love the border. And I love, Love, LOVE the Spider!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable quilt!
    You quilted this up fun and wonderful - love the spider web design and the little spider too!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...