Tuesday, July 19, 2016
Completed my mission....
I mentioned in an earlier post that I was under some pressure to get a baby quilt made for later this month. The mom-to-be is doing the baby's room in purple, teal and gray with a theme of stars. So, I made these liberated stars to start with.
Then with my variety of grays, I started string piecing with my stars being in various positions within the block.
I tried arranging the stars (one per block) in a pleasing arrangement.
Three blocks and I was really liking it.
This is how I worked around my stars by putting them where I thought they would look best and then doing the strings.
Sixteen blocks complete.
Top is complete. Surprising how out in the sunlight you can see how warm some of those grays are.
Then I got side tracked by my grandson who wanted a baseball pillow. It was his 7th birthday and I had promised this pillow some time ago, so I thought I had better get it done.
Got it done on his birthday.
Thank goodness I had a stitch on my machine that looked like the stitching on a baseball; otherwise, I could see me having to do hand embroidery work for this pillow.
Plus, he loves minky, so I had some scrap minky and had just enough to put a zipper in and cover the back of his pillow.
Ok....back to the baby quilt.
I got it on the long arm and did a panto called Patriot, but since this theme was stars and this is going to be for a little girl, I figured if I stitched this in purple, we can call it little girl ribbons and stars. Here's a few close ups of the stitching.
The top is finished.
....and the silvery gray minky really shows off the quilting in this picture.
The binding is a gradient gray and white diagonal. I love stripes for bindings.
So the quilt is done in plenty of time. Yeah!!!
Onto some customer quilts now.
My husband built me some shelves for the "stash" closet so that I no longer have to stack all my large Rubbermaids on top of eac...
One more day before the end of the year and I was hoping to get just one more quilt finished for 2017. I got this pattern from a b...
This quilt came about when I was going through my stash (trying to destash, actually) and I came across a layer cake. I did some research...
Since I am sitting here recovering from surgery, I made sure I had some hand projects to keep me busy for a week or so. The first on...