Saturday, February 20, 2016

Retreat #2.....planning ahead

Garden Chevrons is my next retreat project that I am going to get prepped.


This project is from Fons and Porter "Quilty" magazine, the March/April 2015 issue.  

I had made a baby quilt from this magazine so I figure if I can find more than one pattern in a magazine that I want to make, it is well worth it.  You can find that baby quilt here.  

Anyways, I had received a jelly roll from a friend (Sandy) called Bunny Tales by Robert Kaufman and I am going to use it for the printed strips.  



I will need to make my shopping list of solids to add to this quilt AND this quilt is paper pieced, so I will have to run copies of all the blocks.  

So....I am thinking this quilt might just be easy peasy and very do-able at a retreat along with my other long-term projects.  

First before I go shopping, I may pull a few more prints from my 30's collections.

Then my shopping list consists of; 

3/8 yard each of red, blue, lavender, yellow, green, peach and aqua
 1/2 yard navy solid for block centers
1/2 yard  aqua solid for border
5/8 yard aqua print for binding
3 1/2 yards backing fabric (ooh...I'll have to find something unique)

Now those colors are subject to change depending on what I see when I go shopping AND what I find to be more predominate in my jelly roll.  

Ok.....now to start thinking about retreat #3's new project that needs to be prepped.  





6 comments:

  1. Paper pieced blocks are perfect for retreats, imho ... I find that they don't require quite the same level of concentration that many regularly pieced blocks do so I can chat with my fellow quilters and stitch at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun looking, happy fabric project this will be - love the accuracy of paper piecing too. Can you take all of us along??:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like such a fun quilt to sew.
    Your fabric choice and prints are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous Sharon here…Looking forward to seeing this one come together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We need to make a trip to Mabelenas soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...