Sunday, April 26, 2015

Ready for Retirement.....

That title has a double meaning because I sure feel ready for retirement.....just not yet, but the Habitat quilt that I was making for my boss for his retirement party this coming week is done.....with time to spare...yeah!


100 percent done with binding and label.


You can see the corner label in the upper right (DH was holding the quilt upside down).


This is a close up of the quilting, binding and backing.  

Here's a couple more close ups of the quilting while on the long arm.  I used a panto called Bauhaus.  



Sure feels good to be done early on this one AND to just have another one done so that I can move onto something else.  

Sure hope he likes it.  

Before I end this post, I would like to share MY Habitat that I made several years ago. 



Actually the colors are much dustier, but the top is done in a sueded cotton and the back was the batik.  I quilted it in a straight stitch (rented time on a long arm at the time) in a teal colored thread.  This is one of my favorite contemporary quilts.

Happy quilting everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a fabulous finish!
    I'm sure your boss is going to LOVE this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great retirement present. He'll love it! I think the Bauhaus panto is my new favorite. So glad you shared photos of your Habitat quilt. I forgot how beautiful it is!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...