Wednesday, April 29, 2015

On a roll this week.

Within less than a week, I have completed three quilts.  The first one was the retirement quilt that you can see here

Two days ago I put the binding on the Snowflakes from Heaven quilt.


This was a guild challenge using this particular pinwheel block.  I got it quilted on the long arm and bound it on Monday night. 



It's on the done list.

Then Tuesday night I bound the saw tooth quilt. 


Quilted this one with a swirly blade and a double  row of stitching in each of the piano keys 


Here's a peek at the backing. 


I did have trouble with this one where it came to the tension on the stitching, but I do like the design that I chose to use on this quilt.  So I learned that King Tut thread is a very temperamental thread to work with, but I am still happy with my quilting.

So....that is three quilts on the "done list" in one week.....less than one week.   That list is getting shorter and shorter all the time.  If I can get this many done in a week, I should be ahead of the game.  Of course,.....I am always starting something new.

Two steps forward, and one back. 

Oh well.  

On to the next one.

2 comments:

  1. Two steps forward and one back is still progress! Yay!!! Both of these quilts are JUST beautiful. I would love to make your Snowflakes from Heaven quilt. It's great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These quilts are BEAUTIFUL!
    You've made wonderful progress in just 1 week - amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...