I fretted about doing this customer quilt as I had never done a t-shirt quilt AND I was going to back it with the
dreaded minky. Even though I had used minky recently on a baby quilt which worked out great.....this was KING SIZED!!!
I used a medium sized meander.
Here's a shot at the minky backing.
Here's the completed top....all 92 x 122" of it!!!
I used a silver So Fine thread for the top and an Aurifil purple for the bobbin with a very thin Mountain Mist poly batt.
Well, I can now say for sure, working with minky is NOT a problem and T-shirt quilts aren't any harder than any other quilt. I am pretty happy with how it turned out and I am sure my customer will be just as happy.
Now, I have to bind it. So, I guess I won't mind if it gets really cold out while I am doing this as it is going to keep me plenty warm while it is in my lap as I hand stitch down the binding.
If you don't hear from me for a few days, I will probably be hibernating under this quilt with needle and thread in hand.