Saturday, November 29, 2014

T-shirt quilt off the long arm

I fretted about doing this customer quilt as I had never done a t-shirt quilt AND I was going to back it with the dreaded minky.  Even though I had used minky recently on a baby quilt which worked out great.....this was KING SIZED!!!
 
 
 
 
I used a medium sized meander.
 
 
Here's a shot at the minky backing.
 
 
Here's the completed top....all 92 x 122" of it!!!
 
 
I used a silver So Fine thread for the top and an Aurifil purple for the bobbin with a very thin Mountain Mist poly batt.   
 
Well,  I can now say for sure, working with minky is NOT a problem and T-shirt quilts aren't any harder than any other quilt.  I am pretty happy with how it turned out and I am sure my customer will be just as happy. 
 
Now, I have to bind it.  So, I guess I won't mind if it gets really cold out while I am doing this as it is going to keep me plenty warm while it is in my lap as I  hand stitch down the binding. 
 
If you don't hear from me for a few days, I will probably be hibernating under this quilt with needle and thread in hand. 
 

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Another one on and off the machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very large quilt and you took control of it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire you for getting this big of a project done! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying again to leave a comment…will it work?
    Glad you got that one done so quickly! It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...