Thursday, May 1, 2014

Completed another one for the first of the month.....

Just took this one off the long arm. 
 
 
This is my sister-in-law's alternating 9-patch. 
 
We belonged to a group eons ago. I think she said 10 years ago, but I hate to think it has been that long that we exchanged these Robyn Pandolph 9-patches.  I have all these blocks plus more that I haven't done anything with yet. (omg!  I just checked and I have over 133 of these blocks!!!)  I have to give her credit....her quilt turned out really great.  I love all her scrappy solid blocks.  This quilt looks so warm in its gold tones.  It is soooo her. 
 
Anyways, I quilted it in a panto called "ribbons and roses". 
 
 
Here's a real close up.
 
 
I think Robyn Pandolph fabrics from 10 years ago (sigh), just called for this floral panto. 
 
Here's a pic of the backing.
 
 
I hope she loves it as much as I do.  It may just have inspired me to get to my 9-patches and do something with them. 
 
I do know that I am going to cut up some shabby chic fabrics soon  so that I can use this panto for myself,  too. 
 
Well, onto the next quilt.  The next one loaded is the challenge quilt....dual challenge quilt, so I won't be showing it as soon as it is off the long arm, but I do have a couple more smaller quilts that are waiting in line after that and hopefully I will be showing you those very soon. 
 
Hope you enjoyed the mini show-n-tell. 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love the softness the yellow fabric adds to the nine patch blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty quilt!
    The floral design you quilted was a perfect choice for it.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...