Food for thought.

Memory is a wonderful treasure chest for those who know how to pack it.

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter Everyone!

We had a lovely brunch here today with a couple different frittatas, cheesy potatoes, fruit, monkey bread, bacon and best of all, the whole family. 
 
Here's a picture of the little guy we heard about last Easter.  We were told he would arrive in just a few months and here he is six months old already.
 
 
He's looking pretty dapper here. 
 
On the quilty front, I had worked on these three Hearts and Hands blocks at my mini group retreat.
 
 
These three still need their centers, but knowing that I had a total of 53 of these to make and to help me keep on track with getting this quilt completed I decided to pair up fabrics  for ALL 53 of them.
 
 
I now have all the pieces cut out  (18 of each color in 1 3/4" x 3") and bagged up to go to my next retreat.  No more excuses. I am going to make a major dent in this quilt.  
 
Earlier this weekend, my girlfriends and I went on a little mini shop hop of our own. We discovered a new to us quilt shop in Marine City, MI called Quilting Dreams and there I bought the backing and binding for my ABC quilt (which are now pieced).  So that quilt is now ready for the long arm.
 
I just love it when my motivation sticks around for awhile
 
Well, it's been a long day.  I hope you all had an enjoyable day with family and/or friends. 
 
Now it's time to get back to quilting.  So, happy quilting. 
 
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. That boy is growing so fast!
    Happy Easter….

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a handsome young man - bet you enjoyed spending time with him!!
    Love the look of your piecing - going to be a fascinating quilt as it comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful little boy - how time flies!
    Great progress on your Hearts & Hands blocks - they look fabulous.
    How fun to discover a new quilt shop - happy to hear you found some perfect fabric there.

    ReplyDelete