Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter Everyone!

We had a lovely brunch here today with a couple different frittatas, cheesy potatoes, fruit, monkey bread, bacon and best of all, the whole family. 
 
Here's a picture of the little guy we heard about last Easter.  We were told he would arrive in just a few months and here he is six months old already.
 
 
He's looking pretty dapper here. 
 
On the quilty front, I had worked on these three Hearts and Hands blocks at my mini group retreat.
 
 
These three still need their centers, but knowing that I had a total of 53 of these to make and to help me keep on track with getting this quilt completed I decided to pair up fabrics  for ALL 53 of them.
 
 
I now have all the pieces cut out  (18 of each color in 1 3/4" x 3") and bagged up to go to my next retreat.  No more excuses. I am going to make a major dent in this quilt.  
 
Earlier this weekend, my girlfriends and I went on a little mini shop hop of our own. We discovered a new to us quilt shop in Marine City, MI called Quilting Dreams and there I bought the backing and binding for my ABC quilt (which are now pieced).  So that quilt is now ready for the long arm.
 
I just love it when my motivation sticks around for awhile
 
Well, it's been a long day.  I hope you all had an enjoyable day with family and/or friends. 
 
Now it's time to get back to quilting.  So, happy quilting. 
 
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. That boy is growing so fast!
    Happy Easter….

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a handsome young man - bet you enjoyed spending time with him!!
    Love the look of your piecing - going to be a fascinating quilt as it comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful little boy - how time flies!
    Great progress on your Hearts & Hands blocks - they look fabulous.
    How fun to discover a new quilt shop - happy to hear you found some perfect fabric there.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...