Friday, October 11, 2013

Busy, Productive Week.

I look back over the week and amaze myself on what I have accomplished.  I guess when there is a deadline (baby due), I really get motivated. 
 
I got both hounds tooth quilts quilted and bound.
 
I made my daughter roman shades for the baby's room.
 
She still is going to make yellow and white chevron valances to put over the shades; and here is a peek at the adorable tree behind the crib.
 
 
 
Then, last night I finished quilting the "life cycle" quilt and put the binding on it tonight.
 
 
 
(a little tongue in cheek humor)
I should mention, this quilt is a "version" of the Moda Bake Shop quilt.
 
I still have a few loose threads that need to be sewn in, but I can finally say that I am ready for this baby to be born and my getting my daughter's shades up today should put her mind at ease so that she can finally say the room is ready for the baby, too. 
 
ok...tap...tap....tap
 
 
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. Oh so cute!!!!....love that quilt and how funny....that is what they do all the time. Nice room and how lucky for them that you are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the shades are great, were they difficult? I love the tree.
    my friend made a baby quilt like that a couple of years ago. Where did you get the pattern/idea?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling little baby quilt and I just love those roman shade window treatments!
    The baby's room turned out very precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Cute Cute! Love the baby room!! And your quilt is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt turned out cute and the window treatments perfect too. You did good grandma.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...