Sunday, October 7, 2012
Miscuts = design decisions
I don't know what's going on with my head lately, but in the last one week, I have made two....yes...I said "two" mis-cuts on the backing for my Swoon quilt.
I bought 6 yards of the aqua houndstooth to make the backing.
One seam...that's all I wanted to do. I was just a few inches short to do a vertical cut, so I decided to do three horizontal pieces. Don't know what I was thinking, but this is where I made the first mis-cut where I didn't make it wide enough.
Put it away.....
Then a week later, I decided to get at it again. Thought I had it all figured out and did the necessary piecing and lo and behold, I forgot to add the necessary 4" all around for the longarmer. That's another 8" that needed to be added. (sigh)
This backing was turning into a real chore.
Anyways, it is done now with two miscuts/design decisions later. Here it is (folded) showing the asymmetrical aqua dots. I am sure it will look "interesting once it is all together.
Binding was made (without a problem, thank goodness).
And now the quilt is on the "to be quilted" pile.
I even got around to printing the label for the BTCT quilt tonight, too.
I am so ready to start something new.
I meant it when I said it. But I failed and ended up doing it. I picked up the knitting needles instead of getting back to my pile o...
One more day before the end of the year and I was hoping to get just one more quilt finished for 2017. I got this pattern from a b...
Since I am sitting here recovering from surgery, I made sure I had some hand projects to keep me busy for a week or so. The first on...
This quilt came about when I was going through my stash (trying to destash, actually) and I came across a layer cake. I did some research...