My daughter came over today to use my serger.
She got this idea from Pinterest to make super hero capes for little boys.
Cameron is going to be five and he is having a party, so instead of buying a bunch of candy for a goody bag, she is making each of the boys a cape and buying a mask.
She's a messier sewer than I am.
All her satin scraps ended up on the floor.
This is some of the 13 serged capes.
Here are the emblems that will be ironed to the cape. Each letter is the initial of each of the boys attending the party.
C is for Cameron.
I am sure mom is going to be considered Super Mom!!!!
Well, after she left, I got to cleaning up the mess and thought now was as good a time as any to start cutting out a project for my upcoming retreat with the gals.
I pulled out all my Vintage Modern and organized it in 1/4 yard, 1/3, 1/2, yard, 2 yard and 3 yard piles. I bought this in June and I was having a hard time remembering what I bought for what section of the quilt. Got that organized and then cut out all my strips.
Next step is to do all the sub cuts, but hey, this is progress.
Oh...and so you know, I did get the binding on my Beyond the Cherry Trees.
I am working on getting the sleeve on, but those curved corners kind of screwed me up, so I have to make some adjustments on the sleeve even though I have the top of it stitched down already. We'll see how easy that is to re-do. I sure don't want to have to rip it off and start over.
Well, it feels good to get into the sewing room.