Food for thought.

Memory is a wonderful treasure chest for those who know how to pack it.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Swoon block 6,7,8 and 9





Swoon only requires nine blocks, so you would think I was done, but no....I absolutely hate one of the blocks that I made, so I have cut out another one to replace it.  Ran out of time today, so hopefully I can put it together tomorrow night or the next day. 

The block that I don't like didn't have enough contrast from the star and the background. 


So my thought is I am going to applique a red heart in the center of the star and sew this up as a NICU quilt and donate it.  I think that might just work.  

I will update you on the replacement block and then it shouldn't be long before I have a completed top. 

Feels good!!!

5 comments:

  1. That sure is coming along quickly!
    So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is going to look so pretty when all the blocks are together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. I am still on block 4 and I started a long time ago!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these blocks are gorgeous!
    This is going to be a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really like your combinations with this wonderful quilt pattern. Any word on that Cherry Tree Quilt? Bet you are on pins and needles!

    ReplyDelete