Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Cherry Tree quilt is back from the quilter....

It's late and dark, the quilt weighs a ton and I don't have help to hold it up, so I will just post a couple pictures that the quilter sent to me in my e-mail earlier today. 




This one is the backing which shows of the quilting very nicely.


Tomorrow when I can get some help holding this quilt up and there is some sunshine so that I can take a really good picture, I will post again.  

Right now, I am happy to have this one back in my own hands.  I was actually having separation anxiety  after working on this for 2 1/2 years and then having to send it off to the quilter for just one month.  

Stay tuned.  

7 comments:

  1. This is absolutely an heirloom! So happy you shared & are out there doing what you do. The applique and quilting are positively stunning! Too many quilters are saying "that's too much work for me..." if it takes more than a weekend to whip it out. So what if it takes a couple of years to complete...every stitch your hands put into it make it that much more valuable? One of your Grandchildren is going to be very fortunate one day to have this quilt, and know how much time Grandma spent creating this beautiful treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, Love, LOVE how this turned out. Ditto to the above comment, this is stunning. Can't wait to see more pictures of it. Worth the wait, this is a ton of work that your quilter put into this. My shoulder aches just looking at the background fill she did, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is gorgeous and I love the quilting! So glad it found its way safely back to you!!!
    Happy 4th!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just keep coming back to gaze on your quilt - everything about it is so wonderful and the textures created in the machine quilting are incredible.

    I agree - this is one heavy quilt to handle - even with our A/C going I just can't bring myself to settle in for more quilting - it weighs so much and sooooo big...hoping for cooler weather along the way as we leave for Alaska soon and maybe find an hour or so in the evenings to add more quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just GORGEOUS! The quilting is AMAZING ! A true family treasure !

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting to have your top back all quilted!
    I can't wait to see more pictures of this Masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning quilt and you have it FINISHED.... looking forward to the "sunny" pics... as this is one quilt that can take a long time to look at.....

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...