Saturday, June 2, 2012
Prepping a retreat project.....
I thought I would squeeze out one more quilt using the left overs of my French General fabrics.
I have chosen these fabrics with their mates to make the 9 blocks.
Here I have the center stars cut out and have the corresponding background wheel underneath them.
...and now all the pieces for the blocks are cut out.
One difference though...since I am using up my scraps, I had this one picked out for the background wheel and came up short one 3 1/2 block. "darn" I was sure there was enough fabric, I think I just cut it out in the wrong order.
I had to settle for this one, but it is ok, too.
I still have to find a background fabric, so as soon as I can get to a quilt shop that carries French General, then I can get the background cut and this quilt will be ready to go.
Now, this will be the third quilt with these fabrics ....and most likely the last one, too.
There was the Beyond the Cherry Trees and the Gwen Marston liberated baskets, but I still have this much fabric left over from the Cherry Trees. I think I may have gotten carried away.
I am NOT going to make another quilt with these fabrics. It's time to move on to something new or complete some of my UFOs.
Well, ALMOST one project cut out for retreat. I need to get busy, it's just around the corner.
I meant it when I said it. But I failed and ended up doing it. I picked up the knitting needles instead of getting back to my pile o...
One more day before the end of the year and I was hoping to get just one more quilt finished for 2017. I got this pattern from a b...
Since I am sitting here recovering from surgery, I made sure I had some hand projects to keep me busy for a week or so. The first on...
This quilt came about when I was going through my stash (trying to destash, actually) and I came across a layer cake. I did some research...