Thursday, May 17, 2012

What's new?

I have been living a nightmare at work, so my friend, Sharon,  and I went to see Ami Simms for a little entertainment at our guild on Monday. 


If you have never heard her speak, you should put it on your bucket list.  It was just what I needed. She is a hoot.   You can find her here on her blog/website.
http://www.amisimms.net/

Then to top off my week my daughter brought me over some yarn to make her a cowl (I asked her to find something so that I could make this back when we had sub zero weather).   Anyways, since she bought it now in the middle of May, I thought I had better get to it so that if she needed to return yarn or get more, she could do it in a timely manner.  Here's a peek.


When I finish it, I will show you the whole project.  I just hope it isn't 80 degrees out when it has to be tried on.

On an even happier note, I picked up the five little quilts that I sent to the quilter a little while ago.

Here's a peek at them.


As I get the bindings on these, then I will show them  to you. 

I think I will have plenty to keep me busy and in a much happier mood than I am in while at work. 

Ahhh, yes....quilting and knitting.....what could put you in a happier mood?  Maybe chocolate, but the boss has supplied us with plenty of that for this week knowing all that we are going through.  It's helping just a little. 

Happy crafting.   


2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that work's been dragging you down.
    Sounds like you had a lot of fun with Ami at your guild meeting! Pretty colored yarn - hope it knits up wonderfully for your daughter's cowl. Looking forward to seeing more of those wonderful quilts when you get them bound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad people like Ami Simms are around to help cheer you up when you need it!!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...