Food for thought.

Memory is a wonderful treasure chest for those who know how to pack it.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Do I need more projects?

I should be quilting or appliqueing, but I couldn't resist buying some yarn recently while on vacation.


I found this beautiful yarn in a shop in Cedar, Michigan called Wool & Honey...the shop that is. 
Unfortunately she was pretty much sold out of it, but I just had to have the shawl that she had made up in it.
Here's a close up of the yarn.  The shawl is worked from the bottom up, so that the russet color will be near the face. 

The pattern I will be using for this is found here.  It is a free pattern.

Well, with her not having a variety of yarns, I found the gal who makes it on Etsy.

She has a wide array of colors and I can't wait to start working on this project; and she was a pleasure ordering from, too.

Well, one project wasn't enough.  I, also, bought a skein of Malabrigo in a pretty teal color...the official color is #150 Azul Profundo.  Here it is all stretched out.


Don't ask me why I didn't have this balled up at the shop!  It is a "lace" yarn (baby Merino wool), so once I balled it up by hand, it came out to the size of a large egg.


This is going to be made into an eternity scarf.  Here you will find the makers finished scarf. 

I am thinking I need more hours to a day, more days to a week, more days off from work....or maybe I should just not buy more projects and get the ones  that I have started finished.......nah!

Happy (knitting, crocheting, quilting, appliqueing) whatever.  








3 comments:

  1. What beautiful yarns! Can't wait to see your finished projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to squeeze in time for knitting too. Pretty yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've picked some beautiful yarns & great patterns! Knitting is on my short list of skills I wish to learn. Look forward to seeing your finished projects!

    ReplyDelete