Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Weekend at the farm...

Got away from Friday through Sunday at my friends farm with friends to quilt our hearts out.  My goal is to get some baby quilts made and on hand for those last minute baby showers that one is always asked to attend. My first top was made with a four patch and alternating block. 




 I, also, started another one from a stack of fat quarters that I have had since  the 2010 Paducah show.

I got all my half square triangles made.


They need to be trimmed, but of the ones that I did trim, I put this row together.



Scrappy blues.

I have piles of pinks, lavendars, blue and ivorys that need to be trimmed and then will make more of the "rick rack" type rows


I, also, got a binding on a very old quilt....in fact, it was one of my first quilts that I finally just took to the quilter ( I had planned on hand quilting it with perle cotton, but that wasn't happening).  I will post pictures of it when I get it all handstitched down. 

Nancy was working on a beautiful Moda pattern that is something new  just shown at Market.



Sharon  ( http://totallyobsessedwithallthingscreative.blogspot.com/  )  was working feverishly on getting rid of stash by making a scrappy quilt that we had recently seen at a quilt show.  (but we believe her stash was reproducing itself as the pile never seemed to get smaller)



Here's the pattern she is working on.  Actually...she was just going by a picture that we had taken at the quilt show.


Also, Sharon's friend, Claudette came and spent some time with us this weekend.  She not a quilter, but rather she is a photographer and she tagged along with us looking for inspiration  so that she could take some photos.  Pop over to her blog and see a quilt store from her eyes.  It's great. See her June 11 post about us. 

I sure needed this little quilty weekend away.  The wedding is this weekend and I am missing out on my St. Louis retreat with my online friends because apparently my daughter didn't believe me when I told her the rules.....no weddings, no babies being born, no nothing to take place during the week of my St. Louis retreat!!!  Oh well, I guess I will have to stay home for her wedding.  Pictures of that will be posted most likely this weekend, so stay tuned!!! :D




No comments:

Post a Comment

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...