Saturday, June 18, 2011

Wedding day was June 17.....

....and everything went off without a hitch.  The weather was gorgeous, the bride was beautiful and the groom very handsome. 





The flowers were more beautiful than expected.



We had cupcakes rather than the traditional cake, but there was a small cake for the bride and groom to cut.


....and of course, I presented them with their wedding quilt today, the 18th, when they came to the house to open their gifts. 




I think they were very happy with the quilt.

Once I get some more candid pictures from the wedding, I will post a picture of me in my dress.  So far, no one has any.  Oh well.  It was a great day!!!

Now, on to things for me.  The wedding was the final thing on my long list of commitments.  Hopefully nothing pressing comes up too soon as I want to enjoy my freedom.  So...I am heading into the sewing room.  See  you when I come up for air. 


Now.....my time is my own

5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful couple - and your quilt for them turned out just perfectly! Enjoy yourself, knowing everything went well and you can have all those wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What an attractive couple, and that quilt looks fabulous. Quite an achievement considering how much time you gave yourself. I hope you enjoy some time to yourself in the sewing sanctuary now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see more photos. What a beautiful young woman. Congratulations. Now -- go rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter is beautiful!! Looks like they had a very lovely wedding. Enjoy your free time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful Bride!
    They look like such a happy couple.
    The wedding quilt looks so lovely too!

    Happy to see that your time is your own again :)

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...