Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I need to get back into the swing of things.....

I should be all excited that my time ( outside of work) is my own now.  Wedding is done and all other commitments are out of the way.  All my free time should be quilt oriented, but this is as far as I have gotten.


Finished the Winding Ways Quilt and then  read the Quilter's Kitchen in less than one evening.  Well, I guess they are quilt related, but that wasn't what I had in mind when I thought I would be quilting my brains out.  Now I am reading The Girl that Kicked the Hornet's Nest on my Nook.

I actually feel that I am suffering the "let down" after the wedding.  You plan for a year and a half, you go through the wedding and then just like that it is over.  It was a beautiful wedding, but now I am feeling like....gee ....what am I going to do with myself?

Well, I do know what I am going to do with myself.  I just need to get out of this funk.

Oh yeah...I do know what I am going to do.   I am going to look for the remote to my TV because the grandkids hid it so that the other one wouldn't change the channel on them and now no one remembers where they put it.  Does that mean I have to clean my whole house so I can find my own remote?  

Oh well, I think I will go and read some more.  I'll let you know when I get back to my sewing.   


4 comments:

  1. The wedding photos are beautiful, and I love the wedding quilt you made. You'll get back into the sewing mood soon. Sometimes I want to knit or crochet so I just do that until the quilting spirit hits again. Those books are good...makes me want to start reading mine over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Faye,

    Well at least you chose a couple of great books to read ;)
    I totally understand about the "let down" LAG you are feeling. Don't be too hard on yourself - you've been SO busy for so long now that you deserve a rest and even a bit of self pampering.

    Perhaps after a good Quilt Story read - you will be inspired to pick up your needle again.
    I'm always anxious to see your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you will get back to it when you get the inspiration. You have just been so focused on one big project for so long - give it a bit of time...and start to enjoy a less pressured feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give it time. I started reading the same book on my kindle. You're right about the withdrawals, but this too, shall pass and you will pick up your needle and thread and carry on!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...