Monday, February 28, 2011
Making some headway
Give me some time in the sewing room and I do make some headway.
I have been sewing up some of the strips that have been cut for awhile.
After sewing a mountain of these strips, I had to cut my chains apart.
Then from there I did some cutting up into sections so that I could work on different portions of each block.
and this resulted in this part....
Kept sewing until I had all the pieces for the connector blocks (easy block)
Now all my connector blocks are DONE!!
Wouldn't have made it this far without a little help from this little guy.
Now to work on the main part of my block ....the more involved portion of the block.
I have lots of sections made, but not nearly as much as I need, but I will keep plugging along. I have given myself until the end of March to complete this top. Wish me luck!
Have to mention, too, that I have received another one of my birthday exchange blocks from my friend Rilla.
I am getting a nice variety in my country reds and creams. Can't wait to see them all together. Birthday is coming up, so I should be getting lots more in the mail real soon.
Happy quilting everyone.
I meant it when I said it. But I failed and ended up doing it. I picked up the knitting needles instead of getting back to my pile o...
One more day before the end of the year and I was hoping to get just one more quilt finished for 2017. I got this pattern from a b...
Since I am sitting here recovering from surgery, I made sure I had some hand projects to keep me busy for a week or so. The first on...
This quilt came about when I was going through my stash (trying to destash, actually) and I came across a layer cake. I did some research...