Sunday, July 4, 2010

Not much stitching here....

Since coming home from my retreat  I have hardly picked up needle and thread.  I have spent more time in hospitals than I care to think of; and instead of being able to do my applique which kind of requires me to spread out my things because my project (Cherry Trees BOM) wasn't totally prepped, I only stitched down two flower buds and found it to be more frustrating than fun, so I put it away and  took to finishing up reading The Runaway Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini.


I found it to be a good read.  My friend from work is loaning me the series of books.  This is the fourth book I have read and when I find the time to read (which isn't always as often as I would like) I do find it hard to put down.

Now back to my reference of being in the hospital....it wasn't for me, but just a couple days after coming home from retreat my 92 year old mother-in-law had a heart attack, then my husband ended up in the emergency for a work related accident, then my dad had carotid surgery and then last, but not least, my husband went in for a heart catheterization ending up requiring a stent.  Believe me when I say, I would rather not see the inside of a hospital for awhile; and this is the only reason I had enough time to just sit and read. 

While I am thinking of it, too; I finally got a picture of the whole group of great ladies that attended my
 retreat in St. Louis. 


I see these great faces and remember the fun time I had while in St. Louis.  I won't be attending next year as my youngest daughter will be getting married the same week next year, but I look forward to seeing quite a few of these ladies at the next Paducah AQS show. 

Well, hopefully, the next time you hear from me, it will be with a picture of the next Cherry Trees BOM.

2 comments:

  1. I hope things slow down for you now. You need a rest!

    I have been getting caught up on the Elm Creek Quilt books lately, too! They do make for a relaxing read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending comforting Prayers and Well Wishes to you & your family! Those are a LOT serious issues to deal with all at one time!
    I enjoy Jennifer Chiaverini's books! I hope this one helps to distract your mind a bit from feeling so overwhelmed during this difficult time.
    Easier said than done - but try to pamper yourself each day. Even if it's just to sit with your face in the sun for a moment and listen to a bird's sing :)

    All the Best,
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...