Sunday, June 27, 2010

Trying to get my mojo back.....

I have not touched needle or thread since my retreat and you would think that with all that motivation, I would be sewing up a storm.  What's my problem?  I've been at the hospital more days than I have been at home with my mother-in-law.  She is 91 and had a heart attack.  She is home now, but not doing all that well. 

On a different note, my husband came home this morning from the local flea market wtih this little find. 










Since most of the writing on this little machine is in Russian except for the back page of the instruction booklet, I will have to do some research on it.  They were asking $35 for this little number and my husband got out of there spending only $12 on it.  It looks as though it is made of aluminum or some metal with the little wood box.  It has a single thread that sews a chain stitch and is run by hand by the wheel.  I love the little emblem on it....kind of reminds me of John Deere.


Well, as far as my sewing goes, not sure when I will get back to that, since this afternoon, I was sitting in Emergency for my husband who smashed his finger pretty good this week and things were getting worse.  It was pretty infected.    Tomorrow I will be in the hospital with my dad who is having carotid surgery and then again on Friday with my husband who is getting a stent. 

Calgon....take me away.  Maybe I should pack some sewing  for when Calgon takes me away.  Hope you are getting some sewing in. 

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting machine! Hope you get your mojo back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful find! And what a great hubby for picking it up for you. You should have fun with that.

    Calgon may not be able to take you away but maybe I can.......wanna meet up in Paducah for a little getaway, say, ohhhhhh September??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little sewing machine. It would look so cute on a shelf in your sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, that's it ... I am going to the flea market with Mike from now on. I was there on Sunday and didn't see that lovely little machine. Of course, Mike probably had it by then.

    Hugs,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...